Year 13 student looking for research experience

• 12 Dec 2023 11:03
    Message # 13289979

Hi all - the LAGB has received the following message. Please contact me (yuni.kim3@proton.me) if you would like me to send you the student's contact information and summary of previous work, which shows great curiosity, initiative, and an impressive breadth of methodologies. I assume the student is happy to interact remotely, but I will ask where they are based.

"I am currently a Year 13 student wishing to pursue linguistics at university next year. I am writing to express my interest in any potential research opportunities you may know about for the upcoming summer. Whilst I recognise that there are not many opportunities out there for young linguists like me, I am reaching out in the hopes of finding one or getting directed towards where I might find one!

Throughout my studies at A Level, I have developed a strong knowledge of theoretical and applied linguistics. Outside of my school studies, I have had successful results from multiple essay competitions which have demonstrated my appreciation for systematic work. I have a keen interest in sociolinguistics; however, I am open to exploring any research projects with involvement in the subject to develop a broad knowledge of all the branches of linguistics.

If there are upcoming opportunities for summer research or internships within your association or affiliated research institutes, I would greatly appreciate any information regarding the application process, eligibility criteria, and other relevant details. Additionally, if there are no opportunities available in the summer, I would be grateful if you could save my contact details for any relevant opportunities that may arise in the future."

© LAGB