Welcome Meetings Secretaries; Ballot for Hon Sec; LAGB 2022&2023

• 01 Nov 2021 13:58
    Message # 12089170
    As announced at the AGM in September, the current Honorary Secretary, Michelle Sheehan, and the current Meetings Secretary, Robyn Orfitelli, are both stepping down from their posts. I would like to record again our enormous gratitude to both Michelle and Robyn for the incredible energy and commitment that they brought to these roles during their terms of office.

Recognising that Robyn had quite literally been doing the work of at least two people in her role as Meetings Secretary, the committee agreed that from this year this position should if at all possible be shared between two individuals. I am delighted to announce that Jenny Amos (University of Suffolk) and Vahid Parvaresh (Anglia Ruskin University) accepted nominations for this role and have been elected unopposed. We are really looking to working with Jenny and Vahid!

There have been two nominations for the post of Honorary Secretary: Kasia Jaszczolt (University of Cambridge) and Yuni Kim (University of Essex). We therefore invite all members to cast their vote: link to ballot for Hon Sec position. The ballot will be open until 23:00 on Thursday 18th November 2021.

As you know, next year's LAGB meeting will be organised by Ulster University. We are looking forward to everyone's participation in making this a great event!  I am also able to close this message with some excellent news, which is that we also have also a host for LAGB 2023: it will be organised by Angela Ruskin University!

Caroline Heycock
    President, LAGB
© LAGB